ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man who had evaded officers since Tuesday is in custody, police said Thursday.
A worker at a South 11th and Chestnut business found Esteban Gonzalez and then helped police locate him.
Gonzalez was immediately taken to the Abilene/Taylor County Law Enforcement Center for questioning.
Police sought Gonzalez for an outstanding felony warrant.
The search for Gonzalez began Tuesday afternoon at the Riviera Apartments near Woodlawn and North 6th Street.
According to police, Gonzalez ran from his truck after being pulled over in a traffic stop. So far, he has escaped capture.
Officers believe Gonzalez may have entered a back yard, so they searched some houses door to door. They believe Gonzalez was hiding in the attic of one house and apparently fell through the ceiling, leaving behind his cell phone and a shirt.
- Witness to Abilene man's murder names Gootee as shooter
- 2 riding in Bangs bike race to honor fallen Texas officers
- Ex-NFL quarterback Tim Tebow to speak in Brownwood next year
- Drone taking video of downtown Abilene streets Sunday
- Updated Police fatality report: Car accidents among top cause of death