ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man who had evaded officers since Tuesday is in custody, police said Thursday.
A worker at a South 11th and Chestnut business found Esteban Gonzalez and then helped police locate him.
Gonzalez was immediately taken to the Abilene/Taylor County Law Enforcement Center for questioning.
Police sought Gonzalez for an outstanding felony warrant.
The search for Gonzalez began Tuesday afternoon at the Riviera Apartments near Woodlawn and North 6th Street.
According to police, Gonzalez ran from his truck after being pulled over in a traffic stop. So far, he has escaped capture.
Officers believe Gonzalez may have entered a back yard, so they searched some houses door to door. They believe Gonzalez was hiding in the attic of one house and apparently fell through the ceiling, leaving behind his cell phone and a shirt.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Updated Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- Big Country 100 Men Who Care gives away another $10,000
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting