ABILENE, Texas - A 29-year-old Abilene man who had evaded officers since Tuesday is in custody, police said Thursday.
A worker at a South 11th and Chestnut business found Esteban Gonzalez and then helped police locate him.
Gonzalez was immediately taken to the Abilene/Taylor County Law Enforcement Center for questioning.
Police sought Gonzalez for an outstanding felony warrant.
The search for Gonzalez began Tuesday afternoon at the Riviera Apartments near Woodlawn and North 6th Street.
According to police, Gonzalez ran from his truck after being pulled over in a traffic stop. So far, he has escaped capture.
Officers believe Gonzalez may have entered a back yard, so they searched some houses door to door. They believe Gonzalez was hiding in the attic of one house and apparently fell through the ceiling, leaving behind his cell phone and a shirt.
- Updated Shot Brownwood man considered brain dead, suspect could face upgraded charges
- Police: Ohio mom killed 2 kids to save them from evil in world
- Sweetwater teen wins gold medal in national powerlifting competition
- Texas woman slain as boyfriend shoots at another man
- Official: Storm triggered sensor that halted new Six Flags roller coaster
- Abilene families release butterflies to remember their loved ones
- Young horse riders show off skills in Abilene
- Dog show held at Mall of Abilene
- Eighteen seniors graduate from Abilene Christian School
- Weather doesn't keep Williams from canvassing for votes
- Abilene's new aquatic center to open mid-June
- Brownwood police release ID of man shot in head, upgrade charges against suspect
- 3 firefighters, 1 other injured in Brownwood house fire
- Man in critical condition after shooting in Brownwood, suspect arrested
- TEA says Mullin ISD violated education codes, defrauded state
- Brown County man sentenced to 35 years in prison for child sex crime
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent says school will be open next year
- Dyess We Care Team repairs the home of a WWII veteran
- Sweetwater residents welcome rain after severe storm
- NWS confirms multiple tornadoes touched down in northern Brown County
- DPS identifies driver of 18-wheeler that crashed off overpass in Callahan County
- Rain totals: 'Quite measurable' amounts recorded in Big Country
- Sweetwater police chase ends with car on top of 2 pickup trucks