ABILENE, Texas - In celebration of Black History Month, the Abilene Black Chamber of Commerce is hosting the 2nd Annual Sunday's Best Gospel Fest this Sunday, Feb. 24.
Gospel Fest will be Sunday, Feb. 24 at 3 p.m. at the Abilene Civic Center. Tickets are $20 and include one buffet meal ticket for Golden Corral.
Paul Lewis visited KTXS on Friday morning to talk about the Gospel Fest.
He said the event was so successful last year, they had to do it again this year.
Abilene's very own Hester Washington-Burton will perform at the event. She is known for her role in the play "To Whom It May Concern" at the Paramount Theatre plus many other performances throughout the Big Country.
For tickets, call the Chamber offices at 325-672-7950.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated