DALLAS, Texas - DALLAS (AP) - Dallas police are investigating an overnight shooting in which one person was killed and two others were wounded.
The Dallas Morning News reports the killing of a 31-year-old man early Saturday makes this November one of the deadliest in recent memory. The newspaper reports at least 13 homicides have occurred so far this month. This compares to a total of 15 in all of November 2008.
Police say the 31-year-old was in a Dallas home with two other people when a man entered and "began shooting." All three people in the home were shot. Police say two were shot multiple times. One man was pronounced dead at the scene. Two others are being treated in Dallas hospitals.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Phoenix-area woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed