ABILENE, Abilene - Abilene police are looking for whoever stole thousands of dollars worth of copper wire from several utility poles – victimizing two businesses.
According to an incident report, the wire was stolen from 45 utility poles around Grand Avenue in south Abilene sometime between Wednesday and Thursday. The copper was valued at $4,900 and AEP and Suddenlink were listed as the victims.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Updated Historical treasures lost, damaged in Italian quake
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene