ABILENE, Abilene - Abilene police are looking for whoever stole thousands of dollars worth of copper wire from several utility poles – victimizing two businesses.
According to an incident report, the wire was stolen from 45 utility poles around Grand Avenue in south Abilene sometime between Wednesday and Thursday. The copper was valued at $4,900 and AEP and Suddenlink were listed as the victims.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated
- Walter murder trial: 'Formality' in sentencing to call Abilene couple back to court Thursday