ABILENE, Abilene - Abilene police are looking for whoever stole thousands of dollars worth of copper wire from several utility poles – victimizing two businesses.
According to an incident report, the wire was stolen from 45 utility poles around Grand Avenue in south Abilene sometime between Wednesday and Thursday. The copper was valued at $4,900 and AEP and Suddenlink were listed as the victims.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017