ABILENE, Abilene - Abilene police are looking for whoever stole thousands of dollars worth of copper wire from several utility poles – victimizing two businesses.
According to an incident report, the wire was stolen from 45 utility poles around Grand Avenue in south Abilene sometime between Wednesday and Thursday. The copper was valued at $4,900 and AEP and Suddenlink were listed as the victims.
Anonymous tips can be reported to Abilene Crime Stoppers at (325) 676-TIPS.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash