ABILENE, Texas - 5D Custom Hats and Leather has reopened after burning to the ground just two months ago.
5D Custom Hats and Leather was a total loss because of a two-alarm fire that started in an adjacent building at Butternut Square September 18. It took more than six hours for firefighters to put out the fire that destroyed two businesses and a church.
After the fire, 5D Custom Hats and Leather vowed they would reopen their store. They were shocked when fireman Darren Black, who had been fighting the Butternut Square fire, walked up to them as soon as he was relieved from duty and offered the owner of 5D a rent-free space to move their business.
Damon Albus, the owner of 5D Custom Hats and Leather, said they are beyond thankful and happy to be back in business.
The new 5D Custom Hats and Leather store is located at 517 Oak Street.
- Obama shortens more than 100 prison sentences
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Texan who faked being decorated Navy SEAL gets prison
- New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- KTXS Forecast: Thundershower chances persist into the weekend
Copyright ©2016 by KECI, KCFW, KTVM. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- McMurry University kicks off school year with convocation
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident