ABILENE, Texas - 5D Custom Hats and Leather has reopened after burning to the ground just two months ago.
5D Custom Hats and Leather was a total loss because of a two-alarm fire that started in an adjacent building at Butternut Square September 18. It took more than six hours for firefighters to put out the fire that destroyed two businesses and a church.
After the fire, 5D Custom Hats and Leather vowed they would reopen their store. They were shocked when fireman Darren Black, who had been fighting the Butternut Square fire, walked up to them as soon as he was relieved from duty and offered the owner of 5D a rent-free space to move their business.
Damon Albus, the owner of 5D Custom Hats and Leather, said they are beyond thankful and happy to be back in business.
The new 5D Custom Hats and Leather store is located at 517 Oak Street.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated