ABILENE, Texas - She may look small, but she has some pretty big ideas.
"I'm gonna run a half marathon," said 6-year-old Keelan as she decided to take on the 13.1 mile journey. It all started from a simple talk with her mom.
Dr. Tracy Glass, Keelan's mom, explains, "We were having brunch and in our conversation I said, ‘What gifts has God given you?' And they thought about it and Keelan said, ‘Well, I can run fast,' and I said ‘How do you think you can use those gifts to serve God's people?' and she said "Well, I can run for babies just like you do, mom' and I said "Yeah, you could. You could really do that."
After consulting with physicians and her husband, Tracy signed Keelan up to run with their LifeRunners group, part of a national pro-life association. Keelan decided to raise money to benefit Pregnancy Resources in Abilene and present her earnings at the group's national race.
So far, she has raised almost $1,600 – with more coming in.
Asked how she manages to keep running such a long distance, Keelan said: "‘Cause God makes me keep on running."
Keelan's race is Saturday, Oct. 5 at Mount Rushmore in South Dakota.
If you would like to donate click here and search "Keelan Glass."
LifeRunners is the world's largest pro-life running group, as it has more than 1,500 runners/walkers, ages 4 to 79, in 44 states and 10 other countries.
The group prays together before races, fundraises for local pro-life organizations, and trains together monthly. LifeRunners was founded in 2008 by two Catholic friends and although predominately linked to Catholic churches, it is open to all denominations.
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer