ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man and woman were arrested Thursday after allegedly admitting to their involvement in tying up an elderly man and using his debit card.
According to an arrest report, 39-year-old Christopher Webster and 35-year-old Dolores Salazar were arrested after the 75-year-old victim was found bound and tied inside a closet. Police said the pair used the victim's debit card several times.
Webster is charged with first-degree felony burglary of a habitation in relation to the case and faces bail set at $125,000 as a result. He is also jailed on a theft warrant for $2,000 bail. Salazar is charged with first-degree felony burglary of a habitation and faces a $125,000 bail.
- Security guard fatally shot at Central Texas Subway sandwich shop
- Drive-by shooter targets police substation in Dallas
- Emmy-winning actor and Fort Worth native Bill Paxton, 61, dies from surgery complications
- KTXS Forecast: Breezy and sunny days ahead, a cool down on the way
- Joseph Wapner, star of 'The People's Court,' dead at 97
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash