ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man and woman were arrested Thursday after allegedly admitting to their involvement in tying up an elderly man and using his debit card.
According to an arrest report, 39-year-old Christopher Webster and 35-year-old Dolores Salazar were arrested after the 75-year-old victim was found bound and tied inside a closet. Police said the pair used the victim's debit card several times.
Webster is charged with first-degree felony burglary of a habitation in relation to the case and faces bail set at $125,000 as a result. He is also jailed on a theft warrant for $2,000 bail. Salazar is charged with first-degree felony burglary of a habitation and faces a $125,000 bail.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated