ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene man and woman were arrested Thursday after allegedly admitting to their involvement in tying up an elderly man and using his debit card.
According to an arrest report, 39-year-old Christopher Webster and 35-year-old Dolores Salazar were arrested after the 75-year-old victim was found bound and tied inside a closet. Police said the pair used the victim's debit card several times.
Webster is charged with first-degree felony burglary of a habitation in relation to the case and faces bail set at $125,000 as a result. He is also jailed on a theft warrant for $2,000 bail. Salazar is charged with first-degree felony burglary of a habitation and faces a $125,000 bail.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't