ABILENE, Texas - An 8-year-old Abilene boy raised a little more than $1,500 for Hendrick Children's Hospital.
Josh Hale, instead of celebrating his birthday at the beginning of August, decided to open a lemonade stand to raise money for the kids in the pediatric unit of Hendrick Medical Center.
The boy sold more than 15 gallons of lemonade and then donated all of his profits to the hospital.
Lisa Calvert, nurse manager at the children's hospital, said that she isn't sure yet what the money will be put toward, but that she definitely is impressed by Hale's hard work.
"It's kind of unbelievable," Calvert said. "It's overwhelming the support that out pediatric unit has gotten from the community…it's even more special that an 8-year-old boy did this for us."
- Big Country high school marching bands compete at Abilene stadium
- Taylor Co. residents to vote on $55M bond to renovate expo center
- Bond set at $750,000: Son of ex-Brady police chief arrested for murdering mother
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Warm and likely dry
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Fire at Abilene car dealership
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer