ABILENE, Texas - An 8-year-old Abilene boy raised a little more than $1,500 for Hendrick Children's Hospital.
Josh Hale, instead of celebrating his birthday at the beginning of August, decided to open a lemonade stand to raise money for the kids in the pediatric unit of Hendrick Medical Center.
The boy sold more than 15 gallons of lemonade and then donated all of his profits to the hospital.
Lisa Calvert, nurse manager at the children's hospital, said that she isn't sure yet what the money will be put toward, but that she definitely is impressed by Hale's hard work.
"It's kind of unbelievable," Calvert said. "It's overwhelming the support that out pediatric unit has gotten from the community…it's even more special that an 8-year-old boy did this for us."
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck