ABILENE, Texas - At about 5:35 a.m. Sunday, Officer Michael Janusz was driving to work when he came across what appeared to be some presents on the roadway on South 20th Street.
Inspecting closely, Janusz realized the presents were still gift-wrapped and appeared to be Christmas gifts.
In all, he found 10 gifts.
Janusz also observed that at least one of the intended gift recipients was named "Jarmiah," as indicated on one of the wrapped presents.
Now, Janusz and the Abilene Police Department are searching for the rightful owner of the gifts.
"We are seeking the public's help in identifying any parents who have children named Jarmiah and are missing gifts," a police department news release said.
Police are urging anyone with information about the gifts to contact the department's Property and Evidence Unit at 325-437-4510. Those with information if it involves criminal activity are being asked to call the Criminal Investigation Division at 325-676-6610. Information can be presented anonymously by calling Abilene Crime Stoppers at 325-676-TIPS.
The assigned found property case number is: 12-22497
- August 2016 ties August 1914 as wettest in Texas
- City of Abilene receives 2,000+ complaints or comments about water bills
- Updated Abilene requests proposals for new downtown hotel and 'festival district'
- Shuttle bus rear-ended at Boston airport, killing 2 Texans
- Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Paint Creek reacts to Perry's Dancing with the Stars casting
- Businesses near Big Country lakes hoping for big Labor Day turnout
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested