ABILENE, Texas - At about 5:35 a.m. Sunday, Officer Michael Janusz was driving to work when he came across what appeared to be some presents on the roadway on South 20th Street.
Inspecting closely, Janusz realized the presents were still gift-wrapped and appeared to be Christmas gifts.
In all, he found 10 gifts.
Janusz also observed that at least one of the intended gift recipients was named "Jarmiah," as indicated on one of the wrapped presents.
Now, Janusz and the Abilene Police Department are searching for the rightful owner of the gifts.
"We are seeking the public's help in identifying any parents who have children named Jarmiah and are missing gifts," a police department news release said.
Police are urging anyone with information about the gifts to contact the department's Property and Evidence Unit at 325-437-4510. Those with information if it involves criminal activity are being asked to call the Criminal Investigation Division at 325-676-6610. Information can be presented anonymously by calling Abilene Crime Stoppers at 325-676-TIPS.
The assigned found property case number is: 12-22497
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Updated Abilene parents offer to pay for after-school programs