ABILENE, Texas - At about 5:35 a.m. Sunday, Officer Michael Janusz was driving to work when he came across what appeared to be some presents on the roadway on South 20th Street.
Inspecting closely, Janusz realized the presents were still gift-wrapped and appeared to be Christmas gifts.
In all, he found 10 gifts.
Janusz also observed that at least one of the intended gift recipients was named "Jarmiah," as indicated on one of the wrapped presents.
Now, Janusz and the Abilene Police Department are searching for the rightful owner of the gifts.
"We are seeking the public's help in identifying any parents who have children named Jarmiah and are missing gifts," a police department news release said.
Police are urging anyone with information about the gifts to contact the department's Property and Evidence Unit at 325-437-4510. Those with information if it involves criminal activity are being asked to call the Criminal Investigation Division at 325-676-6610. Information can be presented anonymously by calling Abilene Crime Stoppers at 325-676-TIPS.
The assigned found property case number is: 12-22497
- Updated Winters man one of 25 to receive Carnegie Hero medal
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend