ABILENE, Texas - Hot and dry are what you think of when you think of a west Texas summer. In the grand scheme of things, though, 2013 wasn't that bad.
In Abilene, the temperature warmed into the triple digits a total of 16 days.
For 2012, that number was 40.
And in 2011, we warmed past 100 degrees 81 days.
As far as rain goes, it has been hit or miss.
Abilene has seen 17 days with showery weather, bringing 5.08 inches of rain.
Since June, Brownwood has picked up 8.63 inches. This is more than two inches behind the normal 10.65 inches.
Haskell did a little better with 10.67 inches of rain. This more than an inch higher than the 9.54 inches.
Showers are in the forecast through the end of the work week so there's a good chance some folks could pick up even more rain.
Summer officially ends at 3:44 p.m. on Sunday. This also the day of the Fall Equinox.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated