ABILENE, Texas - Hot and dry are what you think of when you think of a west Texas summer. In the grand scheme of things, though, 2013 wasn't that bad.
In Abilene, the temperature warmed into the triple digits a total of 16 days.
For 2012, that number was 40.
And in 2011, we warmed past 100 degrees 81 days.
As far as rain goes, it has been hit or miss.
Abilene has seen 17 days with showery weather, bringing 5.08 inches of rain.
Since June, Brownwood has picked up 8.63 inches. This is more than two inches behind the normal 10.65 inches.
Haskell did a little better with 10.67 inches of rain. This more than an inch higher than the 9.54 inches.
Showers are in the forecast through the end of the work week so there's a good chance some folks could pick up even more rain.
Summer officially ends at 3:44 p.m. on Sunday. This also the day of the Fall Equinox.
- Rose Park aquatic center to open this summer
- Abilene City Council to consider payday loan restrictions
- Major businesses push back against Texas' proposed bathroom bill
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- KTXS Forecast: Warm & windy weather brings enhanced fire danger