ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Animal Shelter is holding specials for the month of October for "Adopt a Shelter Animal Month."
These specials will be available Monday, Oct. 1 to Wednesday, Oct. 31.
There will be $20 off any dog or cat with an additional $20 spay or neuter rebate from Rescue The Animals SPCA.
On "Military Mondays," there will be 50 percent off all dogs and cats for all active and retired military, reserves, and ROTC members.
On "Public Servant Wednesdays," there will be 50 percent off all dogs and cats for all federal, state, county, and city employees, as well as school district and college employees.
Fridays will be "Name Your Price" day. You can name your price for dogs and cats over five years of age.
The Abilene Animal Shelter is located at 925 S. 25th St. It is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p. Monday through Friday, and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
For more information, visit http://www.abilenetx.com/Animal/adopt.htm
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend