ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene Animal Shelter is holding specials for the month of October for "Adopt a Shelter Animal Month."
These specials will be available Monday, Oct. 1 to Wednesday, Oct. 31.
There will be $20 off any dog or cat with an additional $20 spay or neuter rebate from Rescue The Animals SPCA.
On "Military Mondays," there will be 50 percent off all dogs and cats for all active and retired military, reserves, and ROTC members.
On "Public Servant Wednesdays," there will be 50 percent off all dogs and cats for all federal, state, county, and city employees, as well as school district and college employees.
Fridays will be "Name Your Price" day. You can name your price for dogs and cats over five years of age.
The Abilene Animal Shelter is located at 925 S. 25th St. It is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p. Monday through Friday, and from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
For more information, visit http://www.abilenetx.com/Animal/adopt.htm
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth