Abilene

Abilene apartment complex fire prompts evacuations

ABILENE, Texas - The cause of a fire Tuesday night at a south Abilene apartment complex has been ruled accidental.

The fire started before 9:30 p.m. at Pine Meadows apartments in the 2500 block of Nonesuch Road.

The Abilene Fire Department tells KTXS the fire was in the wall and that eight apartments had to be evacuated. The fire was contained to a single room of a ground floor apartment.

Investigators say An HVAC unit was installed earlier in the day. “Heat from soldering ignited items inside of the exterior wall,” the fire department said in a news release.

Damage is estimated at $5,000.

 


Recent Headlines

Local Mugshots

Local News -