A prominent Abilene attorney, Robert Wagstaff, was accidentally shot yesterday while hunting with friends. A co-worker from his law office told us this afternoon it happened 18 miles outside of Aspermont.
He was taken to Aspermont hospital and later flown to Hendrick Medical Center for a surgery. Friends tell us a bullet ricocheted off of something and hit Mr. Wagstaff in the stomach.
They expect his recovery to be a lengthy one as his injuries were serious. Wagstaff grew up in Abilene. He was a Cooper graduate in 1982.
- Updated Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Updated High levels of ammonia in Texas home where some 430 animals found
- JCPenney to close up to 140 stores