ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene family law attorney announced his bid for judge Thursday in the 326th District Court race.
The court is also known as family court. Paul Rotenberry has practiced family law in Abilene for several years and made his announcement at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Taylor County Courthouse.
"The years of experience--coupled with the variety of family law cases that I've handled--and then also my own personal experiences…I think bring me to a point where I think I could do a good job on the bench," Rotenberry said.
In August, Judge Aleta Hacker announced she will retire from her position at the end of her term, December 31, 2014.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web