ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene family law attorney announced his bid for judge Thursday in the 326th District Court race.
The court is also known as family court. Paul Rotenberry has practiced family law in Abilene for several years and made his announcement at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Taylor County Courthouse.
"The years of experience--coupled with the variety of family law cases that I've handled--and then also my own personal experiences…I think bring me to a point where I think I could do a good job on the bench," Rotenberry said.
In August, Judge Aleta Hacker announced she will retire from her position at the end of her term, December 31, 2014.
- Updated $108M later, Port of Houston gives up on cruise ships
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Reagan's daughter criticizes decision to free Hinkley
- Updated Gang member on Texas 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught