ABILENE, Texas - The customers and employees of Prosperity Bank in Abilene have been collecting school supplies for weeks to donate to the children who are part of the mentoring program Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Thursday afternoon they had a school supply pick-up party to send kids back to school in style.
The supplies, stuffed inside of backpacks, went to 85 kids who are part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentorship program.
The kids, their families and the mentors who are a part of Big Brothers Big Sisters all attended the event at the Prosperity Bank location downtown.
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- KTXS Forecast: Slight warm up today then another cold front arrives Thursday
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash
- Callahan County employees, residents react to jail decision
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Callahan County commissioners reverse decision to 'vacate' jail
- Totals: 5+ inches of rain recorded in parts of West Texas over weekend