ABILENE, Texas - The customers and employees of Prosperity Bank in Abilene have been collecting school supplies for weeks to donate to the children who are part of the mentoring program Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Thursday afternoon they had a school supply pick-up party to send kids back to school in style.
The supplies, stuffed inside of backpacks, went to 85 kids who are part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentorship program.
The kids, their families and the mentors who are a part of Big Brothers Big Sisters all attended the event at the Prosperity Bank location downtown.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Female football official earning her stripes
- Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Feeling like late September temperatures
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth