ABILENE, Texas - The customers and employees of Prosperity Bank in Abilene have been collecting school supplies for weeks to donate to the children who are part of the mentoring program Big Brothers Big Sisters.
Thursday afternoon they had a school supply pick-up party to send kids back to school in style.
The supplies, stuffed inside of backpacks, went to 85 kids who are part of the Big Brothers Big Sisters mentorship program.
The kids, their families and the mentors who are a part of Big Brothers Big Sisters all attended the event at the Prosperity Bank location downtown.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen