The man accused of robbing an Abilene bank was arraigned Wednesday in Lubbock federal court.
Jacob Alan Powell plead not guilty to one count of aggravated robbery in connection with the July 8th hold-up of the Citybank location on South 14th street.
A magistrate set a trial date of September 3.
Powell was arrested when his father notified authorities that he recognized his son from surveillance pictures of the robbery being aired on Abilene TV stations.
- Updated TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed
- Updated New 'Dancing With the Stars' cast includes ex-Gov. Rick Perry, 12 others
- Updated Arizona woman finds 7-foot-long snake near trash
- Updated Man on Texas death row for killing 2 loses appeal
- Updated Armored car guard shot, killed in Texas ATM robbery
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- TDCJ: Criminal charges against Abilene corrections officer dismissed