ABILENE, Texas - Thanks to last week's rainfall, lakes from around the area are seeing a welcome jump in water levels. Some local levels are listed below, as of 6:45 p.m. Sunday evening.
Lake Fort. Phantom Hill near Abilene rose 2.95 feet since Thursday.
Lake Brownwood jumped up 2.11 feet.
Hubbard Creek near Breckenridge gained 0.61 feet.
Lake J.B. Thomas rose 0.89 feet.
The Twin Buttes Reservoir near San Angelo jumped up an impressive 7.33 feet.
O.H. Ivie saw the biggest gain, with rains pushing the lake level up 14.19 feet.
- Updated Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017