ABILENE, Texas - Thanks to last week's rainfall, lakes from around the area are seeing a welcome jump in water levels. Some local levels are listed below, as of 6:45 p.m. Sunday evening.
Lake Fort. Phantom Hill near Abilene rose 2.95 feet since Thursday.
Lake Brownwood jumped up 2.11 feet.
Hubbard Creek near Breckenridge gained 0.61 feet.
Lake J.B. Thomas rose 0.89 feet.
The Twin Buttes Reservoir near San Angelo jumped up an impressive 7.33 feet.
O.H. Ivie saw the biggest gain, with rains pushing the lake level up 14.19 feet.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated