An Abilene business is putting out a challenge for all other local businesses to get out and volunteer in the community.
The folks at Davis Kinard have spent the day working at Christian Service Center, Global Samaritan, and Habitat for Humanity.
The company says it plans to make the community service day an annual event, and they hope to spark a movement of local businesses donating time to help out non-profit organizations in the Big Country.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale