An Abilene business is putting out a challenge for all other local businesses to get out and volunteer in the community.
The folks at Davis Kinard have spent the day working at Christian Service Center, Global Samaritan, and Habitat for Humanity.
The company says it plans to make the community service day an annual event, and they hope to spark a movement of local businesses donating time to help out non-profit organizations in the Big Country.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit