An Abilene business is putting out a challenge for all other local businesses to get out and volunteer in the community.
The folks at Davis Kinard have spent the day working at Christian Service Center, Global Samaritan, and Habitat for Humanity.
The company says it plans to make the community service day an annual event, and they hope to spark a movement of local businesses donating time to help out non-profit organizations in the Big Country.
- Updated Victims ID'd: San Angelo man & boy, 4, apparently drowned while fishing
- Updated Recent thefts raise eyebrows at Abilene hardware store
- Texan on 10 Most Wanted sex offender list caught in Mexico
- KTXS Forecast: Tracking scattered cloud cover with low to mid-80s for the work week
- Abilene locations to offer early voting Monday
- Candlelight vigil held in Brownwood for domestic violence victims
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated