An Abilene business is putting out a challenge for all other local businesses to get out and volunteer in the community.
The folks at Davis Kinard have spent the day working at Christian Service Center, Global Samaritan, and Habitat for Humanity.
The company says it plans to make the community service day an annual event, and they hope to spark a movement of local businesses donating time to help out non-profit organizations in the Big Country.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind Oscars blunder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Texas officer given restaurant receipt with profane insult
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program