ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene Christian University graduate has been nominated by the White House to be United States District Judge of the Western Texas District.
Robert Lee Pitman is from Fort Worth but graduated from ACU. He obtained his J.D. from the University of Texas. Most recently Pitman has served as the United States Attorney for the Western District of Texas, and the Dallas Morning News reports that Pitman was the first openly gay U.S. attorney.
Pending Senate approval, Pitman will replace W. Royal Ferguson, Jr. as U.S. District Judge. Ferguson has retired.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated