ABILENE, Texas - If you want to host a special event on city property, there's new rules you need to follow and a fee you have to pay.
The Abilene City Council met Thursday morning and approved the addition of a "Special Events License Policy and Fee."
This new policy will spell out all the requirements needed for anyone hosting a special event, such as a 5K run, on city property.
Part of the policy will include a penalty for those who fail to get a special events license and it will also authorize the city to charge a fee for that license.
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck