ABILENE, Texas - If you want to host a special event on city property, there's new rules you need to follow and a fee you have to pay.
The Abilene City Council met Thursday morning and approved the addition of a "Special Events License Policy and Fee."
This new policy will spell out all the requirements needed for anyone hosting a special event, such as a 5K run, on city property.
Part of the policy will include a penalty for those who fail to get a special events license and it will also authorize the city to charge a fee for that license.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies