ABILENE, Texas - If you want to host a special event on city property, there's new rules you need to follow and a fee you have to pay.
The Abilene City Council met Thursday morning and approved the addition of a "Special Events License Policy and Fee."
This new policy will spell out all the requirements needed for anyone hosting a special event, such as a 5K run, on city property.
Part of the policy will include a penalty for those who fail to get a special events license and it will also authorize the city to charge a fee for that license.
- Updated Why some are stealing medications from their pets
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon pop-up showers possible each day this week
- Updated Supporters mark slain girl's 10th birthday in Albuquerque
- Updated Police: 2 College Station deaths related to drugs, robbery
- Updated Fried Jell-O among top food winners for State Fair of Texas