ABILENE, Texas - The city of Abilene could issue millions in bonds to upgrade the Hamby water treatment plant.
Thursday, the city council is set to discuss issuing $65 million in bonds to allow that plant to put treated effluent water back into Lake Fort Phantom.
If approved, this first step of the plan would raise water bills $6 to $7 a month beginning in October.
The second stage would happen in October of 2014. It would raise residents water and sewer bills an additional $1.50.
- Updated Obama to Trump: America is already great
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth