It's that time of year-- people in Abilene may see golf carts on city streets again this holiday season.
The Abilene City Council will meet Thursday morning to consider allowing golf carts on streets so that UPS drivers are able to deliver packages during the holidays.
Last year, the City Council approved an ordinance that would permit golf cart parcel deliveries in the Fairway Oaks neighborhood during the 2011 holiday season. There is now a need for an ordinance allowing such golf cart use during the 2012 holiday season.
The City Council may choose to adopt an ordinance that allows such use annually, from Nov. 1- Dec. 31.
Council will also look into allowing a fireworks display at Abilene Christian University for an event next week.
A public hearing and the final reading related to amending the land development code in order to allow for community gardens will also take place.
The meeting will be held at 8:30 a.m. on the second floor of City Hall.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program