It's that time of year-- people in Abilene may see golf carts on city streets again this holiday season.
The Abilene City Council will meet Thursday morning to consider allowing golf carts on streets so that UPS drivers are able to deliver packages during the holidays.
Last year, the City Council approved an ordinance that would permit golf cart parcel deliveries in the Fairway Oaks neighborhood during the 2011 holiday season. There is now a need for an ordinance allowing such golf cart use during the 2012 holiday season.
The City Council may choose to adopt an ordinance that allows such use annually, from Nov. 1- Dec. 31.
Council will also look into allowing a fireworks display at Abilene Christian University for an event next week.
A public hearing and the final reading related to amending the land development code in order to allow for community gardens will also take place.
The meeting will be held at 8:30 a.m. on the second floor of City Hall.
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated Video shows man using stolen credit card at Abilene store
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police
- Updated Texas Border Patrol agents save nearly 40 immigrants
- Updated Cash Saver renovating property for new Abilene location