The Abilene City Council will take up a zoning ordinance requirement for head shops Thursday.
The ordinance deals with where head shops can do business.
Last week, the Planning and Zoning Commission unanimously recommended that head shops only be allowed in commercial or industrial areas.
The shops would not be allowed within 600 feet of churches, parks and hospitals, within 2,500 feet of schools or within 1,000 feet of other head shops.
The city has this on a fast track and this may pass after just one reading before the council. City Manager Larry Gilley said the city charter allows that.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- KTXS Forecast: Drier and warmer weather for most to finish the work week
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web