The Abilene City Council will take up a zoning ordinance requirement for head shops Thursday.
The ordinance deals with where head shops can do business.
Last week, the Planning and Zoning Commission unanimously recommended that head shops only be allowed in commercial or industrial areas.
The shops would not be allowed within 600 feet of churches, parks and hospitals, within 2,500 feet of schools or within 1,000 feet of other head shops.
The city has this on a fast track and this may pass after just one reading before the council. City Manager Larry Gilley said the city charter allows that.
- Weather warning: Enhanced fire danger for much of Big Country
- Updated Wanted: Abilene police seek teen & woman
- Dashcam video of San Angelo councilman's altercation with police released
- Woman's sassy obit warns people to wait to claim her stuff
- Winning ticket for $435 million Powerball sold in Indiana