ABILENE, Texas - All is clear for this summer's 4th of July firework display in Abilene.
That's just one of several items the Abilene City Council voted for at Thursday morning's meeting. The Independence Day fireworks will be on the night of Friday, July 4th at Nelson Park.
Council gave the OK on the 2014 to 2018 Capital Improvement Program. That includes the creation of a pedestrian bridge at Elm Creek and Clack. There will also be repairs on asphalt and the clubhouse at Maxwell Municipal Golf Course.
Postponed until the next meeting was a vote on an $8.5 million airport improvement program. That was pushed back while some more information is gathered.
- Man shot in arm during road rage incident near Abilene
- Man convicted of indecency with a child now arrested in Taylor County
- Abilene police find heroin in house, arrest 4 on drug charges
- Financial shortfall forcing Meals on Wheels to cut breakfast delivery in Abilene
- Abilene parents keeping daughter's memory alive with foundation
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood murder suspect's lawyer asks for bond reduction, gag order
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget
- Brown County cities see decline in sales tax revenues for July
- Sweetwater teacher accused of relationship with student resigns
- Bond reduced for Ranger man accused of murder
- Bangs students learn from Monday's presidential debate
- Winters man one of 25 to receive prestigious Carnegie Hero medal
- Brother of fallen Dyess airman killed week before 1st anniversary of plane crash