The Abilene City Council agreed to expand planned development district zoning for a project at the site of the former Anson Jones Elementary School near Interstate 20.
Property owner Sam Daggubati has plans to build an Indian Cultural Center at the location on Jameson Street.
He also wants to open two hotels, an apartment complex, restaurant and convenience store.
Zoning for that was approved in 2007 but Daggubati was requesting to expand it.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide