ABILENE, Texas - Approving a street use license for BridgeTex Pipeline within Abilene city limits is on hold.
The Abilene City Council tabled the item on Thursday because certain documents needed to grant the license were not received in time for the meeting.
BridgeTex Pipeline is wanting to place an oil and gas pipeline under Thompson Parkway, located on the south side of Abilene.
The paperwork needs to be filed with the Taylor County clerk and then the city council can make a decision.
The BridgeTex Pipeline will start northwest of Sweetwater and move 300,000 barrels of oil per day from Colorado City to Houston.
- Updated Volkswagen agrees to compensate US dealers over emissions scandal
- Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic