ABILENE, Texas - Approving a street use license for BridgeTex Pipeline within Abilene city limits is on hold.
The Abilene City Council tabled the item on Thursday because certain documents needed to grant the license were not received in time for the meeting.
BridgeTex Pipeline is wanting to place an oil and gas pipeline under Thompson Parkway, located on the south side of Abilene.
The paperwork needs to be filed with the Taylor County clerk and then the city council can make a decision.
The BridgeTex Pipeline will start northwest of Sweetwater and move 300,000 barrels of oil per day from Colorado City to Houston.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated