The Abilene City Council's Place 6 runoff election between incumbent Kellie Miller and challenger Steve Savage could be held as early as June 15, the city said Monday.
"This date requires council action, so the date will have to be voted on by the City Council," a news release said.
Miller received 44 percent of the vote, while Savage received 43 percent.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting