ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council is considering a $1.2 million project to improve South First Street between Locust and Butternut streets.
The South First Street Scape would help improve area lighting, medians and crosswalks. According to council members, the enhancement would improve the look and pedestrian safety.
More than $700,000 of the $1.2 million cost would be covered by a Texas Department of Transportation grant.
No decisions on the bid have been made.
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen