ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council is considering a $1.2 million project to improve South First Street between Locust and Butternut streets.
The South First Street Scape would help improve area lighting, medians and crosswalks. According to council members, the enhancement would improve the look and pedestrian safety.
More than $700,000 of the $1.2 million cost would be covered by a Texas Department of Transportation grant.
No decisions on the bid have been made.
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Man lunges over counter, takes cash from Abilene convenience store