ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council is considering a $1.2 million project to improve South First Street between Locust and Butternut streets.
The South First Street Scape would help improve area lighting, medians and crosswalks. According to council members, the enhancement would improve the look and pedestrian safety.
More than $700,000 of the $1.2 million cost would be covered by a Texas Department of Transportation grant.
No decisions on the bid have been made.
- Updated 3 Big Country hospitals receive high marks from federal government
- Updated Abilene council members approve controversial rezoning ordinance
- Updated Brownwood business selling T-shirts to support law enforcement
- Updated Hillary Clinton: 'The sky's the limit'
- Updated Hundreds in Abilene run 5K race to support law enforcement