ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council is considering a $1.2 million project to improve South First Street between Locust and Butternut streets.
The South First Street Scape would help improve area lighting, medians and crosswalks. According to council members, the enhancement would improve the look and pedestrian safety.
More than $700,000 of the $1.2 million cost would be covered by a Texas Department of Transportation grant.
No decisions on the bid have been made.
- Abilene firefighters attack early morning fire
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit