ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council is considering a $1.2 million project to improve South First Street between Locust and Butternut streets.
The South First Street Scape would help improve area lighting, medians and crosswalks. According to council members, the enhancement would improve the look and pedestrian safety.
More than $700,000 of the $1.2 million cost would be covered by a Texas Department of Transportation grant.
No decisions on the bid have been made.
- Updated Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Severe weather possible tonight, sunshine back tomorrow
- Updated Texas high school transgender wrestler wins regional title
- Updated Man arrested for slaying of Caldwell County woman
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide