ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council will decide Thursday whether Prensorus Energy, LLC , can drill for oil inside the city limits near Dyess Air Force Base.
According to the city, the proposed location is between Military Drive and business I-20.
The Federal Aviation Administration completed a study. It determined drilling at that location won't be a hazard to air navigation.
- Updated Endwell, New York, wins Little League World Series
- Updated College Station police say 2 killed in apartment gunfire
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Lingering rain chances through the week
- Updated Dallas police squelch critics, questions about sniper attack
- Updated Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire