ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council on Thursday will consider creating a second Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone aimed at prompting development.
These were formally known as "TIFs," or tax increment finance zones.
One already exists for downtown. Now, the council is moving to create one for a corridor through Pine Street and Ambler Avenue all the way to the Hwy 351 area.
Also Thursday, the council may authorize a $315,000 contract to replace the concession stands and restrooms at Sears Park.
The council may move forward with a new contract for the Abilene Regional Airport's gift shop; the current gift shop operators don't want to renew the contract, but the owner of the airport restaurant wishes to take it over.
We'll continue to bring you the facts as we get them in.
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- Updated Hardin-Simmons to host regional in Division III basketball tournament
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program