ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council on Thursday will consider creating a second Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone aimed at prompting development.
These were formally known as "TIFs," or tax increment finance zones.
One already exists for downtown. Now, the council is moving to create one for a corridor through Pine Street and Ambler Avenue all the way to the Hwy 351 area.
Also Thursday, the council may authorize a $315,000 contract to replace the concession stands and restrooms at Sears Park.
The council may move forward with a new contract for the Abilene Regional Airport's gift shop; the current gift shop operators don't want to renew the contract, but the owner of the airport restaurant wishes to take it over.
We'll continue to bring you the facts as we get them in.
- Girl, 17, missing after police find three bodies at her home in California
- Poll: Clinton, Trump virtually tied headed into debate
- Updated Sunday Forecast: Cold front bringing cooler temperatures, more rain
- Abilene Zoo celebrates Golden Zoobilation
- Officials: Texas man kills father during disturbance