ABILENE, Texas - If you want your voice heard about proposed changes to Abilene's sidewalk ordinance, Thursday you'll have the chance.
The biggest part of the proposed ordinance is this: It allows the construction of sidewalks in new subdivisions to be optional.
Critics say, given the option, few builders would choose to install sidewalks. The construction of sidewalks does drive up the cost for future homeowners.
The Abilene City Council will hear from residents at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Abilene City Council chambers of City Hall.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated