ABILENE, Texas - If you want your voice heard about proposed changes to Abilene's sidewalk ordinance, Thursday you'll have the chance.
The biggest part of the proposed ordinance is this: It allows the construction of sidewalks in new subdivisions to be optional.
Critics say, given the option, few builders would choose to install sidewalks. The construction of sidewalks does drive up the cost for future homeowners.
The Abilene City Council will hear from residents at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Abilene City Council chambers of City Hall.
- Updated Abilene veteran warns of Facebook scam about benefits
- Updated Brownwood police searching for Jeep connected to pharmacy thefts
- Updated Panel could recommend scrapping STAAR tests
- Updated McMurry professor: Clinton's nomination shows nation's growth
- Updated Wanted Wednesday: Man, 21, sought by Abilene police