ABILENE, Texas - If you want your voice heard about proposed changes to Abilene's sidewalk ordinance, Thursday you'll have the chance.
The biggest part of the proposed ordinance is this: It allows the construction of sidewalks in new subdivisions to be optional.
Critics say, given the option, few builders would choose to install sidewalks. The construction of sidewalks does drive up the cost for future homeowners.
The Abilene City Council will hear from residents at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Abilene City Council chambers of City Hall.
- Updated Federal agency publishes timetable for President Trump's Mexico border wall
- Texas murder suspect arrested; was in Daytona for the races
- Los Arcos restaurant to reopen Wednesday in Abilene
- Crews battling wildfires in Texas Panhandle, Oklahoma
- Savage threatens resignation from city council over business issue