ABILENE, Texas - If you want your voice heard about proposed changes to Abilene's sidewalk ordinance, Thursday you'll have the chance.
The biggest part of the proposed ordinance is this: It allows the construction of sidewalks in new subdivisions to be optional.
Critics say, given the option, few builders would choose to install sidewalks. The construction of sidewalks does drive up the cost for future homeowners.
The Abilene City Council will hear from residents at 8:30 a.m. Thursday in the Abilene City Council chambers of City Hall.
- Updated Terror attacks overseas affecting Abilene college programs
- Updated EpiPen price hikes causing trouble Abilene families
- Updated Abilene ISD institutes new drop-off policy
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family
- Updated City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase