ABILENE, Texas - As the Abilene City Council continues their budget talks they have decided to keep the property tax rate the same.
City Manager Larry Gilley was proposing to drop the rate by less than half-a-cent but council members have voted to keep it where it is.
Home values are projected to rise so that would mean about 208-thousand dollars more the city would have in their reserve.
Councilman Joe Spano suggested putting that money away for other city projects. The council voted unanimously to do that.
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range