ABILENE, Texas - F&S Clothiers is closing its doors after 52 years of service in the Abilene Community.
Bill Standly, the owner of the business, says that the times have changed – and there's no longer a large need for the types of clothing they sell.
"The needs are not there through the schools or through the parties and our community is just grown and changed, so we need to change with it," Standly said.
F&S is known for selling dress clothes, including big and tall sizes.
The store will officially close its doors after its big retirement sale to sell all clothing, furniture and fixtures.
"I've been here for 52 years," Standly said. "It's been a good run for Abilene, Texas and myself and all the good customers we've had through the years. We have enjoyed every minute of it."
- Blanket man gets 15 years for two separate agg. assault cases
- Brownwood police asking for public's help in finding escaped man
- Brownwood woman gets 20 years in prison for injuring child
- Brownwood City Council approves bid for sports complex additions
- Brownwood City Council unanimously passes new budget