ABILENE, Texas - F&S Clothiers is closing its doors after 52 years of service in the Abilene Community.
Bill Standly, the owner of the business, says that the times have changed – and there's no longer a large need for the types of clothing they sell.
"The needs are not there through the schools or through the parties and our community is just grown and changed, so we need to change with it," Standly said.
F&S is known for selling dress clothes, including big and tall sizes.
The store will officially close its doors after its big retirement sale to sell all clothing, furniture and fixtures.
"I've been here for 52 years," Standly said. "It's been a good run for Abilene, Texas and myself and all the good customers we've had through the years. We have enjoyed every minute of it."
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Updated KTXS Forecast: A fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Updated Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck