ABILENE, Texas - F&S Clothiers is closing its doors after 52 years of service in the Abilene Community.
Bill Standly, the owner of the business, says that the times have changed – and there's no longer a large need for the types of clothing they sell.
"The needs are not there through the schools or through the parties and our community is just grown and changed, so we need to change with it," Standly said.
F&S is known for selling dress clothes, including big and tall sizes.
The store will officially close its doors after its big retirement sale to sell all clothing, furniture and fixtures.
"I've been here for 52 years," Standly said. "It's been a good run for Abilene, Texas and myself and all the good customers we've had through the years. We have enjoyed every minute of it."
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth