ABILENE, Texas - F&S Clothiers is closing its doors after 52 years of service in the Abilene Community.
Bill Standly, the owner of the business, says that the times have changed – and there's no longer a large need for the types of clothing they sell.
"The needs are not there through the schools or through the parties and our community is just grown and changed, so we need to change with it," Standly said.
F&S is known for selling dress clothes, including big and tall sizes.
The store will officially close its doors after its big retirement sale to sell all clothing, furniture and fixtures.
"I've been here for 52 years," Standly said. "It's been a good run for Abilene, Texas and myself and all the good customers we've had through the years. We have enjoyed every minute of it."
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family