ABILENE, Texas - Cooper High School was not chosen as the winner of Katy Perry's "Roar" video contest
Students at Cooper anxiously awaited "Good Morning America" Friday morning.
Cooper students entered their rendition of singer Katy Perry's music video "Roar" in a national contest. The school was chosen as one of the top five finalists out of hundreds of entries.
Katy Perry chose the winner, Lakewood High School in Colorado. It was announced Friday morning on Good Morning America,which airs on KTXS. The winning school will be treated to a concert by Katy Perry on Oct. 25.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash