ABILENE, Texas - Abilene City Council members are submitting their appointments to a special panel to decide what and how much money is needed to make infrastructure improvements across town.
The committee will be charged with reporting back to the city council by the end of the year.
Mayor Norm Archibald explained during Thursday's meeting that, if the committee decides a bond election is warranted, it will give council time to get a bond election on the ballot for May of 2015.
The last bond election for the city of Abilene was passed in 2006.
Bond Election Advisory Committee Appointees:
• Jack Wilson
• Carissa Plat
• Brent Casey
• Sylvia Leal
• Mike Dunnahoo
• Michael Hernandez
• Dr. Allison Garrett
• Izair Lankford
• John Hill
• Sam Vinson
• Stormy Higgins (Chairman)
• Terry Johnson
Abilene Chamber of Commerce:
• Jason Smith
Dyess Air Force Base:
- Updated 'Eerily similar' earthquake hit Italian region in 2009
- Updated Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Updated Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles welcomed home to Texas
- Updated 2016 rainfall totals exceed normal yearly average in Abilene
- Updated Rival schools lend football gear to Oklahoma team after fire