ABILENE, Texas - Abilene City Council members are submitting their appointments to a special panel to decide what and how much money is needed to make infrastructure improvements across town.
The committee will be charged with reporting back to the city council by the end of the year.
Mayor Norm Archibald explained during Thursday's meeting that, if the committee decides a bond election is warranted, it will give council time to get a bond election on the ballot for May of 2015.
The last bond election for the city of Abilene was passed in 2006.
Bond Election Advisory Committee Appointees:
• Jack Wilson
• Carissa Plat
• Brent Casey
• Sylvia Leal
• Mike Dunnahoo
• Michael Hernandez
• Dr. Allison Garrett
• Izair Lankford
• John Hill
• Sam Vinson
• Stormy Higgins (Chairman)
• Terry Johnson
Abilene Chamber of Commerce:
• Jason Smith
Dyess Air Force Base:
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Texas officer found dead at law enforcement shooting range