ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council is looking for ways to combat poor infrastructure, such as roads and other transportation issues.
Officials believe a special 16-member panel should be formed to decide what infrastructure improvement items should be put before voters – as part of a bond package – during the spring of 2015.
The council is scheduled to discuss formation of the panel during Thursday's meeting, which is set to begin at 8:30 a.m.
Tune into KTXS News at 6 to find out more!
- Bus carrying high school cheerleaders collides with 18-wheeler on I-20; 2 in critical condition
- City of Abilene seeking firm to conduct water rate study
- KTXS Forecast: Cloudy, cool and showery weekend
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Christmas market in Abilene benefits African orphanage
- Russian man caught with synthetic opioid in Abilene, could face deportation
- Abilene's Food for Fares campaign nearing its end
- City of Abilene offering trolley tour of homes decorated for holidays
- Abilene parents fear impending cuts to therapy for children