ABILENE, Texas - The Abilene City Council is looking for ways to combat poor infrastructure, such as roads and other transportation issues.
Officials believe a special 16-member panel should be formed to decide what infrastructure improvement items should be put before voters – as part of a bond package – during the spring of 2015.
The council is scheduled to discuss formation of the panel during Thursday's meeting, which is set to begin at 8:30 a.m.
Tune into KTXS News at 6 to find out more!
- Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals