ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene couple is in jail after allegedly trying to start a fire in their apartment.
According to police, 22-year-old Brittany Martinez and 35-year-old Ruben Garcia tried to start a fire in the bathtub of their apartment after they were told they were being evicted.
Police say employees of the apartment complex managed to get the fire out before it spread.
Martinez and Garcia were both charged with arson.
- Mistrial declared in sexual assault case against ex-Anson police chief
- Updated Texas presidential poll shows Trump with lead going into election
- Abilene City Council approves hiring two code enforcement officers
- Teacher Tribute: First-year Wylie teacher receives season's first honor
- 3 suspects sought by Abilene police
- Brown County commissioners approve sale of old sheriff's office and jail
- Brownwood seeking community input on proposed dog park
- Police: Driver flees after crashing into Early apartment, found at liquor store
- Sheriff, family ask for public's help with Lake Brownwood murder case
- Inaugural Barktoberfest taking place Saturday seeks to help Brownwood youth