ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene couple is in jail after allegedly trying to start a fire in their apartment.
According to police, 22-year-old Brittany Martinez and 35-year-old Ruben Garcia tried to start a fire in the bathtub of their apartment after they were told they were being evicted.
Police say employees of the apartment complex managed to get the fire out before it spread.
Martinez and Garcia were both charged with arson.
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Surgeon general warns doctors on opioid epidemic
- Updated Texas promised to track oilfield waste in aquifers. It didn't
- Updated Police: Abilene kidnapping suspect threatened to kill victim, family