ABILENE, Texas - It was a day for the arts as the Cultural Affairs Council hosted it's yearly Hearts for the Arts campaign luncheon Monday.
Hundreds came out to the Abilene Country Club for the fundraiser.
They raised money to fund local art programs for schools and special populations, like museum tours and Artreach for Disability Resources of Abilene.
Last year Hearts for the Arts gave out $70,000 in grants.
- Manhunt underway in Sweetwater after attempted traffic stop
- Abilene shooting victim's mother reacts to suspect's arrest
- Abilene man arrested for aggravated kidnapping of girlfriend
- Abilene residents weigh in on 25 years of the World Wide Web
- No tax increases in proposed Brownwood budget for 2016-2017