ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene pediatric dentist is going to jail.
Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Jorge A. Solis sentenced Dr. Tuan "Terry" Truong to 18 months in federal prison and ordered him to pay almost $60,000 in restitution.
Truong practiced dentistry at Kool Smiles, and in 2008 and 2009 he billed Medicaid over $120,000 in fraudulent charges for services he never performed.
He was paid over $30,000 in bonuses by Kool Smiles for work that was never done. Truong is also reimbursing Kool Smiles for their legal expenses.
- Updated Agency shakeup: 4 regional CPS directors fired, including director of Abilene region
- Updated City of Abilene addresses high water bills
- Updated Abilene police officer murdered one year ago
- Updated Black Texas woman sues after being thrown down amid arrest
- Updated Leaders hold special meeting after 10-year-old girl's gruesome death