ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene pediatric dentist is going to jail.
Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Jorge A. Solis sentenced Dr. Tuan "Terry" Truong to 18 months in federal prison and ordered him to pay almost $60,000 in restitution.
Truong practiced dentistry at Kool Smiles, and in 2008 and 2009 he billed Medicaid over $120,000 in fraudulent charges for services he never performed.
He was paid over $30,000 in bonuses by Kool Smiles for work that was never done. Truong is also reimbursing Kool Smiles for their legal expenses.
- Updated Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash
- 2 Texas death row inmates lose at US Supreme Court
- KTXS Forecast: Sunshine sticking around but cooling down closer to normal later this week
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Fire damages north Abilene structure
- Improvements on way for Abilene Zoo if council approves bid
- Missing elderly woman found stuck in mud by two Abilene men
- Abilene council to consider approving water rate study, audit
- Abilene attorney vying for Abilene City Council Place 3 spot