ABILENE, Texas - A family of seven is without a place to live after a fire destroyed their home on West Lake Road late last week.
Lon Davis, who lived at the home with his wife and five kids, said while no one was home during the time of the fire, his family lost almost everything they owned.
"There's no not thinking about it," Davis said. "Right now that's all I can think about. There are things that were lost that we're never gonna get back."
Days after Thursday's early morning fire, the family is trying to pick up the pieces of their life, while making sure their kids, ranging from ages five to 13, don't have to go without essentials.
"Right now first priority is getting clothes for the kids, trying to get some kind of normalcy back in their lives," Davis said.
Davis said he's surprised and grateful that the community has come together to help him and his family in their time of need.
"The support has come from everywhere," Davis said. "It's come from friends, family, church, work, people we don't even know have either helped or offered to help."
If you would like to donate money or materials to the Davis family, they have a bank account set up at Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union.
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash