ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene father was arrested Friday night for allegedly physically abusing his infant son.
According to an arrest report, 29-year-old David Rodriguez's 21-week-old son was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with bruises on his head and face.
Rodriguez allegedly confirmed the injuries were from physical abuse.
Officers said Rodriguez was babysitting while the infant's mother was at work. Rodriguez allegedly hit the infant multiple times in the face and dropped him on his head.
According to police, Rodriguez also left the infant unsupervised on a bed and the infant fell off.
Rodriguez is charged with third degree felony injury to a child and, as of Sunday, is in the Taylor County Jail on $100,000 bond.
- Updated Abilene murder suspect captured in Arlington
- Trump makes unusual swing through Texas
- Texas fines testing vendor $5.7M, demands $15M in upgrades
- Too much homework? Not in this Texas classroom. None at all. None all year
- Abilene police seeking suspect who drove girlfriend to Tuscola, assaulted her