ABILENE, Texas - An Abilene father was arrested Friday night for allegedly physically abusing his infant son.
According to an arrest report, 29-year-old David Rodriguez's 21-week-old son was taken to Hendrick Medical Center with bruises on his head and face.
Rodriguez allegedly confirmed the injuries were from physical abuse.
Officers said Rodriguez was babysitting while the infant's mother was at work. Rodriguez allegedly hit the infant multiple times in the face and dropped him on his head.
According to police, Rodriguez also left the infant unsupervised on a bed and the infant fell off.
Rodriguez is charged with third degree felony injury to a child and, as of Sunday, is in the Taylor County Jail on $100,000 bond.
- Updated San Angelo city councilman resigns after racial comments about police
- Updated 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Former Sweetwater teacher indicted on 3 child sex charges
- Updated Truck rams crowd during Mardi Gras parade; many injured
- Updated Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Chili Day and Auction raises money for children's programs
- Woman, 36, is 2nd arrested in connection with Abilene mother's murder
- Workshop at ACU gets people ready for gardening season
- McMurry professor highlights 181st anniversary of the Battle of the Alamo
- State seeks death penalty for man accused of killing correctional officer
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program
- Wildfire academy held in Brownwood amid high fire danger
- TxDOT repairs section of Highway 6 destroyed by 2016 flood
- Ira ISD superintendent announces retirement after long career
- Sweetwater ISD makes choice for new head football coach/athletic director
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- DPS identifies driver, 32, killed in Callahan County crash