ABILENE, Texas - The 160-member Abilene Fire Fighters Association has thrown its support behind two candidates in the upcoming city election.
In an announcement at Everman Park on Tuesday, association members endorsed incumbent Norm Archibald for another term as Abilene mayor and incumbent Anthony Williams for reelection as the Place 3 councilman.
The fireman's group felt Archibald and Williams have been doing a good job in their current position and deserve to be reelected.
Archibald is facing a challenge from council member Robert Briley. Williams is being challenged by Joseph Cochran.
The election is May 10.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- KTXS Forecast: Rain moves out, making way for warmer weather and sunny skies