ABILENE, Texas - The 160-member Abilene Fire Fighters Association has thrown its support behind two candidates in the upcoming city election.
In an announcement at Everman Park on Tuesday, association members endorsed incumbent Norm Archibald for another term as Abilene mayor and incumbent Anthony Williams for reelection as the Place 3 councilman.
The fireman's group felt Archibald and Williams have been doing a good job in their current position and deserve to be reelected.
Archibald is facing a challenge from council member Robert Briley. Williams is being challenged by Joseph Cochran.
The election is May 10.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated