ABILENE, Texas - The 160-member Abilene Fire Fighters Association has thrown its support behind two candidates in the upcoming city election.
In an announcement at Everman Park on Tuesday, association members endorsed incumbent Norm Archibald for another term as Abilene mayor and incumbent Anthony Williams for reelection as the Place 3 councilman.
The fireman's group felt Archibald and Williams have been doing a good job in their current position and deserve to be reelected.
Archibald is facing a challenge from council member Robert Briley. Williams is being challenged by Joseph Cochran.
The election is May 10.
- H-E-B donates $2,500 to The Food Bank of West Central Texas
- CityLink bus fare increases passed by Abilene City Council
- Abilene City Council responds to audit requests over water bills
- Truck flips after being T-boned in downtown Abilene
- Guardian claims disabled Abilene woman had $200,000 stolen from account