ABILENE, Texas - The 160-member Abilene Fire Fighters Association has thrown its support behind two candidates in the upcoming city election.
In an announcement at Everman Park on Tuesday, association members endorsed incumbent Norm Archibald for another term as Abilene mayor and incumbent Anthony Williams for reelection as the Place 3 councilman.
The fireman's group felt Archibald and Williams have been doing a good job in their current position and deserve to be reelected.
Archibald is facing a challenge from council member Robert Briley. Williams is being challenged by Joseph Cochran.
The election is May 10.
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon stray t-shower possible for West-Central Texas
- Updated Country music star Vince Gill tours West Texas Rehab in Abilene