ABILENE, Texas - Firefighters from the Abilene, Dyess and Abilene Airport fire departments spent the past three days collecting thousands of dollars for muscular dystrophy through their Fill the Boot campaign.
Thursday through Saturday, the firefighters were stationed at the intersection of East North 10th Street and Judge Ely Boulevard and the intersection of Southwest Drive and Clack Street. According to Jimmy Hall, vice president of the Abilene Professional Fire Fighters Association, the firefighters have so far counted $40,000 in proceeds.
All proceeds will go to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- Updated Flint water crisis: New criminal charges filed
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin
- Updated Firefighters extinguish garbage truck fire in north Abilene