ABILENE, Texas - Firefighters from the Abilene, Dyess and Abilene Airport fire departments spent the past three days collecting thousands of dollars for muscular dystrophy through their Fill the Boot campaign.
Thursday through Saturday, the firefighters were stationed at the intersection of East North 10th Street and Judge Ely Boulevard and the intersection of Southwest Drive and Clack Street. According to Jimmy Hall, vice president of the Abilene Professional Fire Fighters Association, the firefighters have so far counted $40,000 in proceeds.
All proceeds will go to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- Forecasters say parts of Texas – including Abilene – face critical wildfire danger
- 3 arrested for engaging in organized crime in San Angelo
- Job fair to be held at Abilene Convention Center
- House speaker getting firsthand look at US-Mexico border
- KTXS Forecast: Very warm tomorrow but a cool down to look forward to by the end of the week
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Man in custody after four-hour standoff in north Abilene
- John Lackey commemorative billboard to serve multiple purposes
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9