ABILENE, Texas - Only one girl can be named,"Miss Frontier Texas!" Abilene Christian University freshman Sara Bishop was crowned Saturday afternoon.
This was the second annual scholarship pageant for Frontier Texas! Five contestants were left standing on Saturday. They battled it out for the title and the final judging came down to two women. The contestants had to compete in events like camping and cooking activities.
The former Miss Frontier Texas! was at the museum to hand off her crown.
Bishop won a $3000 scholarship and a custom-made pair of James Leddy cowboy boots. She will hold the crown through 2014.
- Updated City of Abilene to give away 100 rain barrel kits
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Shower chances returning from the east
- Updated Abilene non-profit raising money with rappelling event
- Updated Abilene City Council declines to approve curbside recycling program
- Updated Abilene man charged with criminally negligent homicide in fiery 2014 crash