ABILENE, Texas - Only one girl can be named,"Miss Frontier Texas!" Abilene Christian University freshman Sara Bishop was crowned Saturday afternoon.
This was the second annual scholarship pageant for Frontier Texas! Five contestants were left standing on Saturday. They battled it out for the title and the final judging came down to two women. The contestants had to compete in events like camping and cooking activities.
The former Miss Frontier Texas! was at the museum to hand off her crown.
Bishop won a $3000 scholarship and a custom-made pair of James Leddy cowboy boots. She will hold the crown through 2014.
- Brownwood domestic violence shelter holding candlelight vigil Thursday
- Brownwood breaks four month slide in sales tax collections
- Brownwood man faces backlash for controversial Halloween display
- Brownwood traffic stop leads to arrest of Abilene man, 21, with 42 grams of meth
- Family, friends of Brownwood man express grief after body found, ID'd
Copyright 2016 by KTXS All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Football Friday Night: Latest scores from Abilene, the Big Country
- Brookesmith ISD board appoints acting principal in wake of superintendent stepping down
- Brookesmith ISD superintendent steps down amid talk of consolidation with another district
- Judge tweaks sentences for couple convicted of murdering Abilene police officer
- Brookesmith ISD meeting on possible consolidation gets heated