ABILENE, Texas - Only one girl can be named,"Miss Frontier Texas!" Abilene Christian University freshman Sara Bishop was crowned Saturday afternoon.
This was the second annual scholarship pageant for Frontier Texas! Five contestants were left standing on Saturday. They battled it out for the title and the final judging came down to two women. The contestants had to compete in events like camping and cooking activities.
The former Miss Frontier Texas! was at the museum to hand off her crown.
Bishop won a $3000 scholarship and a custom-made pair of James Leddy cowboy boots. She will hold the crown through 2014.
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Afternoon hit-or-miss t-shower chances continue
- Updated Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen
- Updated Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Updated Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Abilene, Big Country teams ranked in AP football poll
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Clyde community raises money for family after car accident
- Homeowner: '20 or 30 years of my life gone' in Abilene house fire
- Bulldogs find way to win in mistake-filled season opener against Vernon