ABILENE, Texas - Abilene doctors are seeing an increase in flu cases and the threat for the state of Texas is classified as 'high' this year.
Though not at epidemic levels, Texas public health officals are saying every region of the state is seeing intense flu activity already.
Each year an average of about 24,000 Americans die from the flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend flu immunization shots for everyone over the age of six months.
- WATCH NOW: Live coverage of President Donald Trump's inauguration
- West Texas teacher admits luring immigrant teachers for kickbacks
- Texas judge cited after allegedly making obscene gesture
- Updated Abilene High School students attend presidential inauguration
- Firefighters battle grass fire west of Anson