ABILENE, Texas - Abilene doctors are seeing an increase in flu cases and the threat for the state of Texas is classified as 'high' this year.
Though not at epidemic levels, Texas public health officals are saying every region of the state is seeing intense flu activity already.
Each year an average of about 24,000 Americans die from the flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend flu immunization shots for everyone over the age of six months.
- Zephyr ISD sues over faulty turf, relocates home football games
- Abilene ISD expecting more money from state for higher enrollment
- Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Hunters, Abilene charity anticipate start of dove hunting season
- Police: 20-year-old arrested for sexual assault of Brownwood teen