ABILENE, Texas - Abilene doctors are seeing an increase in flu cases and the threat for the state of Texas is classified as 'high' this year.
Though not at epidemic levels, Texas public health officals are saying every region of the state is seeing intense flu activity already.
Each year an average of about 24,000 Americans die from the flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend flu immunization shots for everyone over the age of six months.
- Updated Photo of Abilene veteran and his service dog goes viral
- Updated Justin Ross Harris sentenced to life for son's hot-car death
- 1 dead after 2 vehicles go into water-filled Texas sinkhole
- Iraan grad rounding up support from Texas cheerleaders after deadly bus crash
- Oakland fire death toll at 36, likely to climb as investigation continues
- 1 killed in crash on I-20 involving bus carrying high school cheerleaders
- Goodfellows spread holiday cheer in Sweetwater with toy drive
- Rangers turn completed Brown Co. Attorney investigation over to feds
- Ballinger man arrested for ramming multiple patrol cars
- Thousands attend Brownwood Christmas parade