ABILENE, Texas - Abilene doctors are seeing an increase in flu cases and the threat for the state of Texas is classified as 'high' this year.
Though not at epidemic levels, Texas public health officals are saying every region of the state is seeing intense flu activity already.
Each year an average of about 24,000 Americans die from the flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend flu immunization shots for everyone over the age of six months.
- Updated Redevelopment for West Texas Hilton hotel opened in 1929
- Updated Video of black Texas woman thrown to ground sparks review
- Updated Police: McDonald's worker in Texas fired for refusing officer service
- Updated Police save Texas robbery suspect from burning car after chase
- Updated Building partially collapses in Hamlin