ABILENE, Texas - Abilene doctors are seeing an increase in flu cases and the threat for the state of Texas is classified as 'high' this year.
Though not at epidemic levels, Texas public health officals are saying every region of the state is seeing intense flu activity already.
Each year an average of about 24,000 Americans die from the flu.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommend flu immunization shots for everyone over the age of six months.
- ACU's Sing Song competition brings visitors, dollars to Abilene
- 2 dead in shooting during fight at Houston strip club
- Police seek help finding suitcase linked to Colorado murder
- Hunters charged in Texas shooting who had blamed immigrants
- Stepson talks how shooter, victim met before San Angelo murder-suicide