ABILENE, Texas - Students at Abilene High School have a unique tradition of personalizing their parking spots as part of a fundraiser for the senior class.
Students can pay $35 to buy a parking spot for the year. They then can paint them to reflect their interests.
The school has been allowing students to paint the parking lot as a fundraiser since 2008.
Money raised by the fundraiser goes to fund Senior class events such as prom and the senior picnic.
- Updated Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Updated Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- Updated House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Big Country 15-year-old sells steer for $345,000
- Updated Abilene man accused of molesting 4-year-old boy
- Abilene police ask for help identifying man who robbed 2 convenience stores
- 2nd Vernon College rodeo team member dies 8 days after Haskell County crash; 3rd death total
- Teenage suspect arrested in Hamlin murder; 2nd suspect wanted
- Abilene man arrested on child pornography charges
- House fires fought in north, south Abilene
- Brownwood college rodeo raising funds for families of deceased Vernon College students
- Brownwood teen gets 50 years in prison for murdering parents
- Sears Hometown in Early to remain open despite company's woes
- Scoreboard at Gordon Wood Stadium in Brownwood to be replaced
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities