ABILENE, Texas - Derral Reed from Home Instead Senior Care visited KTXS Tuesday to talk about the "Salute to Senior Service" program.
The program aims to find Texas's outstanding senior volunteer. It honors the contributions of adults 65 and older who give at least 15 hours a month of volunteer service to their favorite causes.
Nominations will be accepted between Feb. 1 and March 31. State winners then will be selected by popular vote from April 15-30 at SaluteToSeniorService.com. From there, a panel of senior care experts will pick the national Salute to Senior Service honoree.
Home Instead will donate $500 to each of the state winners' favorite nonprofit organizations. $5000 will be donated to the national winner's favorite organization.
For more information, call 325-670-9610.
- Abilene woman reunited with sister after travel ban struck down
- Abilene police receive $10,000 donation for new K-9
- Thief climbs in through roof at Abilene High, steals electronics
- Brownwood man accused of conning people has criminal record
- Recycling, parking, discussed at special Abilene City Council meeting