Abilene home total loss in fire started by kids playing with lighter

Fire burns a Ross Ave. home

ABILENE, Texas - A fire in a house on Ross Avenue destroyed a family's home Tuesday.

Two boys, ages 10 and 13, were in the home at the time and told firefighters they heard an explosion and quickly got out of the house. 

However, Abilene Fire Department investigators said the fire was unintentionally started by juveniles playing with a lighter.  No one was injured.

The fire also spread to and destroyed a shed at a house next door. 

The fire call went out about 3:15 p.m.

Recent Headlines

Local Mugshots

Local News -