ABILENE, Texas - A fire in a house on Ross Avenue destroyed a family's home Tuesday.
Two boys, ages 10 and 13, were in the home at the time and told firefighters they heard an explosion and quickly got out of the house.
However, Abilene Fire Department investigators said the fire was unintentionally started by juveniles playing with a lighter. No one was injured.
The fire also spread to and destroyed a shed at a house next door.
The fire call went out about 3:15 p.m.
- Abilene trailer park tenants receive water termination notice
- Police investigating north Abilene burglary, witnesses give description
- Man arrested after leading police on chase in north Abilene
- Girl scouts pick up thousands of boxes of cookies for 2017 season
- Gun and knife show returns to Abilene this weekend
- Big Country man recognized with award for act of heroism
- Woman convicted of murdering Abilene police officer files appeal
- DPS identifies 2 arrested after high-speed chase on I-20
- Jury sentences Ranger man to 99 years in prison for mid-2016 murder
- Man jailed in Callahan County after chase, stolen truck crashes into DPS unit