ABILENE, Texas - A fire in a house on Ross Avenue destroyed a family's home Tuesday.
Two boys, ages 10 and 13, were in the home at the time and told firefighters they heard an explosion and quickly got out of the house.
However, Abilene Fire Department investigators said the fire was unintentionally started by juveniles playing with a lighter. No one was injured.
The fire also spread to and destroyed a shed at a house next door.
The fire call went out about 3:15 p.m.
- Interstate 20 bridge construction may impact businesses
- AISD announces principal change at Abilene High School
- Brownwood ISD considering random drug testing for extracurricular activities
- Abilene man, 29, arrested on robbery charges
- Colorado City correctional facility facing closure under proposed budget
- Fundraising continues for families of victims in deadly Haskell County crash
- Liquor store owner wants Abilene City Council to extend alcohol sales
- Taylor County board meets for first time since commissioner's arrest
- TxDOT paying for school zone sign near Victory Life Academy
- Brown County zookeeper wants rollback of ban on exotic animals