ABILENE, Texas - A fire in a house on Ross Avenue destroyed a family's home Tuesday.
Two boys, ages 10 and 13, were in the home at the time and told firefighters they heard an explosion and quickly got out of the house.
However, Abilene Fire Department investigators said the fire was unintentionally started by juveniles playing with a lighter. No one was injured.
The fire also spread to and destroyed a shed at a house next door.
The fire call went out about 3:15 p.m.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind Oscars blunder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Texas officer given restaurant receipt with profane insult
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 'Moonlight' wins Best Picture Oscar after mistaken announcement
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program