ABILENE, Texas - A fire in a house on Ross Avenue destroyed a family's home Tuesday.
Two boys, ages 10 and 13, were in the home at the time and told firefighters they heard an explosion and quickly got out of the house.
However, Abilene Fire Department investigators said the fire was unintentionally started by juveniles playing with a lighter. No one was injured.
The fire also spread to and destroyed a shed at a house next door.
The fire call went out about 3:15 p.m.
- 17 children adopted at Taylor County Courthouse on Adoption Day
- Texas spirit: How a fatal wreck brought hundreds of cheerleaders together
- Police: 2 Abilene men face federal charges for filming sexual assault of girl, 12
- Lineup announced for 7th annual Outlaws & Legends Music Festival
- Police need help identifying Abilene theft suspect
- Man, 24, killed in Jones County crash
- Reindeer involved in accident near Sweetwater weeks before Christmas
- Fire chief: 10 pigs killed in Sweetwater ISD ag barn fire
- Ranger College's Gillispie announces sudden retirement from coaching
- Brown County: Man receives 10-year sentence for failing to follow through on internet sale