ABILENE, Texas - The Final 15 contestants are gearing up for the finale of this year's Abilene Idol competition.
The finale will be at 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 23 at the Paramount Theatre in Abilene.
Abilene Idol Co-Chairman Grant Rampy and Final 15 contestant Monique Rosario Goff visited KTXS on Friday morning and spoke about this year's contest.
Tickets are $10 each. Tickets are available online at www.abileneidol.net.
The winner is decided by a variety of voting options: 50% by a panel of four judges, 30% by pre-event voting that cost $5 each, and 20% via text voting during the Finale.
To participate in the pre-event voting, visit the Abilene Idol website (as shown above) or in person at the Chorus Abilene office. Pre-event voting ends at noon on Friday, March 22.
The winner of Abilene Idol wins $500 and the title of Abilene Idol 2013. Second place receives $300, and third place receives $100.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Residents in Big Country report fireball in sky, loud boom
- Updated Reward offered for killer of 8-year-old Texas girl
- US Supreme Court refuses appeals from 3 on Texas death row
- Air Force sergeant convicted of misconduct with 8 women
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck
- Lawmaker proposes ending Brown County Attorney's pre-trial donation program