ABILENE, Texas - The Final 15 contestants are gearing up for the finale of this year's Abilene Idol competition.
The finale will be at 7 p.m. on Saturday, March 23 at the Paramount Theatre in Abilene.
Abilene Idol Co-Chairman Grant Rampy and Final 15 contestant Monique Rosario Goff visited KTXS on Friday morning and spoke about this year's contest.
Tickets are $10 each. Tickets are available online at www.abileneidol.net.
The winner is decided by a variety of voting options: 50% by a panel of four judges, 30% by pre-event voting that cost $5 each, and 20% via text voting during the Finale.
To participate in the pre-event voting, visit the Abilene Idol website (as shown above) or in person at the Chorus Abilene office. Pre-event voting ends at noon on Friday, March 22.
The winner of Abilene Idol wins $500 and the title of Abilene Idol 2013. Second place receives $300, and third place receives $100.
- Updated Convicted man on Texas Most Wanted sex offender list caught
- Updated Ex-Abilene day care teacher fails to show for trial, warrant issued
- Updated 2 injured in DWI crash in Early, man arrested
- Updated West Texas police say 6 slightly hurt when shot during robbery
- Updated 2 arrested for Texas bank robberies
- Santa Anna man, 28, arrested on drug charges in Coleman
- Texas recognizes Brown County gun store as oldest in state
- Clyde family raising money for son nearly paralyzed in wreck
- City of Early budget proposal includes property tax increase
- Active search over, suspect avoids arrest after high-speed Big Country chase