Abilene Idol kicked off Saturday in downtown. Monique Rosario Goff won first place.
The singing competition began at 7 p.m. at the Paramount Theater.
The 15 contestants are selected from the 100 people who auditioned March 2. The winner will be selected by a panel of four judges, post-event audience votes and votes cast before the event.
Goff will receive $500 dollars; the runner up will receive $300 and third place will receive $100.
- Police looking into social media accounts of suspects in Abilene realtor's murder
- Mysterious fireball seen across Big Country likely a meteorite
- Families displaced in Brownwood apartment fire find new homes
- Updated KTXS Forecast: Fire danger Tuesday with very warm and windy conditions
- San Angelo council to consider naming new member after embattled councilman resigns
- Texas A&M Forest Service conducts prescribed burns at Camp Bowie
- 18 people displaced after Brownwood apartment fire
- Brown County judge orders new trial for man convicted of child sex crimes
- Blood drive in Early held to honor deceased student
- Brownwood man arrested for forging checks found while detailing truck